Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time for head shed........again.

Well now I know it takes about three months to get a good growth of hair. I also know by the third chem it will be gone again. In fact some of it is coming out now.  It is shedding in parts that women pay big bucks to get the hair off from. I have to say I have had fun with my cute short doo.  It has a nice wave to it and I could spice it up or slick it down.  I even had to use a brush on it a couple of times. I giggled when that happened. It was so odd to use a brush.  There was even a day where the humidity made it kind of frizzy.  Normally that would be a problem but again I had to laugh.  I am going to enjoy the no arm pit hair again.  That is a plus on the chemo side.  No hair or arm pits to shave means you save some money on razors and eventually when the hair is gone you save on shampoo and conditioner.  I have had the same shampoo and conditioner for I think at least a year but probably more.  It is one of those expensive hair regrowth kind.  When I have the shed going on I use a dab of each. This stuff will last me forever I am sure.

I am doing so much better this round of chem.  I noticed that the last time I started a new batch.  I was so sick after the first one and then it mellowed out. I am very grateful for that.  I am a little worried about the kidneys though.  The test I did was right after the first chemo so I think the problem was already there.  You gotta figure my organs are gonna give out before the "C" gets me.  I really have been drinking more too.  Probably still not enough though.  The 24 hour test is such a pain.  I will be finished with that this morning around 7am. Yahoo.  More than likely, if I know my doc, it won't be the last one either.  Better safe that sorry I guess.

Our new pup Annie is doing really well.  Her roomies have some issues with her like biting at their legs and trying to play. It is fun to watch.  Everyone gets along great even the cats are getting used to her.  She has fallen into our routine for the most part.  Her one icky habit is getting up between 2 & 3am and after the potty break she is up and raring to go.  She will come in and harass all the dogs on my bed which then of course keeps me up so here we are writing our bog at a very early hour.  It's a good thing I don't work anymore.  I am not sure I could get up this early and work all day like I used to.  Now I go out about 6am clean poop and then I am done until 3:30pm when I feed the dogs and horses again.  Not bad schedule right?  It can be soooooo boring though.

Anyway just wanted to touch base in a bit of a longer message than just a little on FB.  I hope you all have  great day and stay cool if you are in AZ or actually most of the country now.  Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment