Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rose

So this is one of those stories that can only be blogged  To big for FB.  There is a restaurant here in Payson that I haven't been to in probably three years.  It is a great hamburger place called Makeys Grill.  I told Suz and Glenn I really wanted to eat there this trip.  We were actually going to go for dinner but then realized Glenn had to teach in the valley tonight so we decided to go for lunch.  We came home after berry picking and cleaned up and off we went to Makey's.  It was kind of crowded because it was lunch time.  We were seated way in the back in this kind of secluded booth.  I even made a comment that "we are not that bad".  Our server came and was the sweetest soul.  She just had kind eyes and was a great server.  At one point she came to check on us after we got our food.  She looked right into my eyes and asked me how everything was.  And then she said "besides the food".  I smiled back at her and said great.  There was an instant connection.  She came back later and started to share her story.  Her 26 year old daughter has been battling some kind of illness for a while.  The doctors can not pinpoint what it is.  Some time of leukemia possibly.  I guess she has expressed to her mom that she can see the angles and she is ready to go.  She also says she can see her Dad and her Grandad waiting for her.  "God is having a big party for me up in heaven Mom, when are you gonna come up?" she asked Rose. 

By now Suz and I are in tears.  Again I ask "why me Lord?"  Why am I doing so well?  It just blows my mind the way he orchestrates these types of meetings.  It makes Him so real so and so big.  I am so touched by this woman and her strength in this whole process she is going through.  The funny thing is she called me a hero.  NOT !!!!!!  Just a sister trying to live as God wants me to.  He is so loving to allow me to join in Roses' story and be able to pray for her and her daughter J.

Next time I come up I will check in on Rose.  From the sound of it her precious daughter will probably already be in heaven. Please pray for Rose and J.

1 comment:

  1. God is good! I am so glad He is guiding your steps and sending you reminders that He has plans for you! I love you Leslie, keep sharing your wonderful stories!

    ReplyDelete